An animal is a unique creature on the planet, and that’s a fact. They have a lot of unusual habits. Here are some animal facts that you should know about them.
Some Fun Animal Facts
- Gorillas, like humans, can catch colds.
- When a baby water deer is born, it is so small that it fits in the palm of one’s hand.
- An ostrich, the flightless bird, can run faster than horses. The male ostrich can roar like lions.
- A lioness is the one who does most of the hunting.
- Creatures like snakes, tortoises, and alligators are likely to drown in the water if they remain underwater for too long.
- A deer is an animal that doesn’t have a gall bladder.
- Of all the mammals, a bat is the only one who can fly.
- Of all the mammals, only elephants and humpback whales go through menopause.
- A tarantula is a type of spider. The most important aspect of a tarantula can survive without food and water for almost two years.
- A goldfish becomes pales if kept in the dark.
- The scientific name for a vulture is Vulpes vulpes.
- Although cows sleep while standing, it’s when they lie down, they dream.
Some Interesting Animal Facts
- An elephant tooth can weigh up to nine pounds.
- The tune that a housefly hum is critical F.
- An ant is not only the hardest worker, but it also doesn’t sleep. Besides, that ants don’t have lungs either.
- A parliament is not just for humans. A group of owls is a parliament.
- When baby kangaroos are born, they are only as long as an inch.
- The honey bee is as old as thirty million.
- If there’s a need to escape from a crocodile, put your thumb in its eyes, there are high chances it will runaway.
- During the second world war, the Americans were teaching bats how to throw bombs.
- Animals like dogs, understand any command better if you tell it through gestures and hand signals.
- Another animal fact, if you place a drop of alcohol near a scorpion, it will string itself and die, because it starts going crazy.
- There are different names of male and female rabbits- male rabbits are hares, and the female rabbit does.
- A flamingo can eat whatever it desires, but its head should be upside down.
- Like humans, animals too generate waste. So, the amount of waste animals generate is around more than a billion. However, the amount is thirty times comparatively.
- A unique animal is an ant. There are many facts which support the uniqueness. So, here’s a fun fact about animals, they don’t sleep, and they don’t have lungs.
- How many countries call their legislature a parliament, same way, a group of owls are a parliament.
- Some apple and pear seeds contain arsenic, which is harmful to animals.
- The weight of the blue whale is equal to the importance of thirty elephants.
- If you want a ton of milk in a day, sixty cows can provide you with it.