Incredible Animal Facts You’ll Want To Share
There are several fascinating animal facts that we do not know. Animals are not mindless, and their acts are not random. They are way more intelligent than we care to admit. These facts also let us know that we tend to misunderstand animals and their behavior a lot. Even the biggest animal lovers of the world do not know any or all of these facts. While some are incredibly bizarre, others are funny, but all of them are unique and intriguing. Read along to find out all the remarkable facts about different species in the animal kingdom that we are sharing in this article.
Animal Facts That You May Not Know
Here are some unknown facts about animals that you are sure to find very interesting.
- Cat lovers and crazy cat ladies can rejoice. According to specialists, cats ‘meow’ only to seek attention from their humans and not to communicate with each other.
- Pigeons can train so well that they can even tell the difference between a Picasso painting and a Monet.
- We use peacock as an umbrella term. But peacock is the male birds of the species, which are also more colorful, pretty, and seen more often. The female birds are called a peahen.
- Chimpanzees in Guinea drink a kind of fermented palm sap, which contains 3 % alcohol. That is evidence enough to prove they are our ancestors.
- It is interesting to know that baby elephants suck their trunks for comfort.
- Each Tiger has a unique pattern of stripes, much like human fingerprints.
- Sea otters often hold hands when they sleep to prevent them from drifting apart. Is that not adorable?
- When we think of Flamingos, we picture beautiful pink birds. But Flamingos are white that turn pink due to the consumption of brine shrimp and algae.
- We all know how well blue jays and mimic what they hear. But what we do not know is that they often mimic Hawk’s call to scare off other birds.
- We all know about clownfish or Disney’s Nemo. A fun fact about them is that they are born male. Some of them turn female to be able to mate.
- The Axolotl salamander can regrow its limbs when it loses one.
- We might know that bats are blind and use echolocation to determine their way. However, this is not true in the case of fruit bats. They can both see and smell.
Some Strange Facts
Now, let us look at some extraordinary facts about animals.
- African Penguins are often alternately called Jackass Penguin since they make braying sounds like a donkey.
- Aldo, penguins in general, have an excellent auditory sense, even though they do not possess ears.
- Horses are distant descendants of Rhinos. Who could have guessed that, right?
- The Moray eel has an extra set of concealed jaws. They extend from their throat and are called pharyngeal jaw.
- Prairie dogs ‘greet and kiss’ each other, much like humans.
- Anteaters do not possess any teeth.
- It is also fascinating to know that cats do not have any sweet taste buds in their tongue. Hence, they cannot taste sugar or any other sweet.
- Ducks seem to enjoy surfing. They ride on big waves and keep going back for them.