Do you love animals? Yaa! They must be better than human beings… They too have feelings and even showing the love for their caretaker is much more than they do. And in the same way we are too in love with them related to their nature as well as behavior.
Moreover, there are many facts which are telling many things about the animals. Knowing them is very easy now… Why? So, in this article we are going to talk about different facts which are dealing with the animals. You are going to know many things which you are not aware of when you are taking care of them.
Different Facts And Figures…
Some of the amazing facts about animals are as follows-
- Trained pigeons can tell the difference between the paintings of Pablo Picasso and Claude monet.
- The peacock mantis shrimp can throw a punch at 50 MPH, accelerating quicker than a 22-caliber bullet.
- Studies have shown that wild chimps in guinea drink fermented palm sap, which contains about 3 percent alcohol by volume.
- One species of jellyfish is immortal. It can revert back to its child state after having become sexually mature, and therefore never dies.
- A snail can sleep for three years at a time.
- There are 1 million ants for every human in the world.
- A pig’s orgasm lasts 30 minutes. Lucky pigs.
- A blue whale weighs as much as three elephants and is as long as three Greyhound buses.
- A bat can eat up to 1 thousand insects per hour.
- Octopuses have three hearts.
- Sharks kill fewer than 10 people per year. Humans kill about 100 million sharks per year.
- Wild dolphins call each other by name. “Oi, Flipper!”
- Elephants have a specific alarm call that means “human”.
- Dogs’ sense of smell is about 100, 000 times stronger than humans’. However, they have only one-sixth our number of taste buds.
- Animals with smaller bodies and faster metabolism such as chipmunks and squirrels see in slow motion.
- The now extinct colossal penguin stood as tall as 2.03 metre basket ball legend LeBron James.
- The male gentoo and Adelie penguins “propose” to females by giving them a pebble.
- Polar bears have black skin and see-through fur.
- Reindeer eyeballs turn blue in winter to help them see at lower light levels.
- Honeybees can flap their wings 200 times per second.
- A sea lion is the first nonhuman mammal with a proven ability to keep a beat.
- Male koalas have two penises, and female koalas have two vaginas.
- At birth, a panda is smaller than a mouse and weighs about four ounces.
- The flamingo can only eat when its head is upside-down.
- A female ferret will die if it goes into heat (is horny) and cannot find a mate.
- The venom of the king cobra is so deadly that just one gram of it is enough to kill a person 150 times over.
- The bat is the only mammal that can fly.
Thus, these are some of the true animal facts that you must know when you in love with them.